Experienced Applied Chemist or Materials Scientist (25431)
This is an excellent opportunity to use your skills and experience in chemistry or materials science to join a well-respected and innovative consultancy.
They are looking to expand a team of scientists and engineers who are happiest imagining and creating prototypes of break-out, commercially viable products for clients in industries such as healthcare, consumer electronics, food technology or fast moving consumer goods (FMCG).
You will have a strong academic background, such as a degree (2.1 or higher) or preferably a PhD, in material science or physical chemistry, backed up by at least 2 years of commercial experience in industrial applications. Perhaps you are already working in a research and development role or you hold a highly industrial-focused academic post, but you would like more variety in your work.
To fit in with this vibrant, mechanically minded team, you will have:
- A good degree (2.1 or above) or PhD in Materials Science or Physical Chemistry
- 2 years of industrial experience in a research and development role, preferably having gained experience of product development in a commercial setting
- A desire to not only come up with new concepts but to be "hands-on" and build the prototypes
In addition, you will stand-out from the crowd if you also have experience of the following:
- Developing industrial processing technologies and managing technology based projects
- Algorithm development for sensing applications
- Reliability engineering and failure analysis
Full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship will also be required.
Keywords: Materials science, physical chemistry, research and development, consultancy, applied science, chemical processing technologies, analysis
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.