Development Engineer (25483)
This advanced technology design and engineering company specialises in the development of miniature mechanical devices which allow control, positioning and movement with exceptional accuracy (the wavelength of light).
They currently seek a Development Engineer to work with clients and partners, to support technology transfer to high volume mass production.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- A top degree in Engineering/Physical Science is essential
- Greater than 2 years’ experience in industry, ideally developing, transferring technology to mass manufacture
- Experience of contributing to a team, working with clients to deliver projects, making decisions and effectively arguing your point as a member of a team of highly skilled engineers
- Good skills in experimental design and analysis
- Enthusiasm for hands-on development work
- A proactive attitude with experience of balancing work on multiple projects running concurrently
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience of manufacturing environments and quality control
- A working understanding of mechanical systems and experience in testing them
- A working understanding of electronics
- Proficient software skills, in MATLAB, Python or other programming/scripting languages
- Developing test equipment
- Transferring new technology into high volume mass production
This is a great opportunity to work in a multi-discipline team with clients from leading global companies. This centrally located Cambridge company also offers onsite parking along with an excellent benefits package.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.