Maths Modelling Engineer (25533)
Based in Cambridge at their modern offices, this is the UK team for a multinational company. The team provide expertise in maths modelling applied to a range of physical sciences and engineering. An opening has arisen for a Masters level Physicist to join them, where they can provide expertise and knowledge in electromagnetics and optics.
In this role, you will work with academic and industry clients to build applied models and physical simulations based on Maxwell equations. You will provide technical advice, conduct training courses and provide product demonstrations. Most of the work will be at the offices in Cambridge, but there will be some travel to meet clients (within the UK and Ireland), attend conferences and visit other company offices.
- 1st / 2.1 Bachelors degree in Physics and A*/A grades in Maths and Physics at A-level (or equivalent).
- Will have completed a Masters or be completing a Masters in applied Physics with a strong maths modelling component.
- Demonstrable experience in electromagnetics and optics modelling including knowledge of first principles. Will have covered several of the following topics:
- Microwave electromagnetics
- Geometrical optics (ray-tracing)
- Antenna design
- Laser matter interactions
- Good communication skills – this is a client-facing role, any demonstrable experience in presentations or teaching relevant physics would be desirable.
This is an excellent opportunity to start your career with this supportive company. Whilst you will be bringing your excellent credentials to them, they will provide an environment where you can learn and develop your skills. The position is open to 2020 Masters graduates, but the expectation is for a June/July start at the latest.
Keywords: Physics, Maths Modelling, Engineering, Simulations, MATLAB, Optics, Electromagnetics, Photonics, Waveguides, Maxwell’s Equations, Client-Facing
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.