Consultant Mechanical Engineer, all-round design/engineering skills, 3D CAD
Our client is an expanding, highly professional and award-winning technical consultancy developing state of the art new products. They offer a stimulating work environment in an exceptional location close to Cambridge, with excellent benefits and career development prospects.
Due to growth, they are now seeking a Consultant Mechanical Engineer.
Working within our client's multidisciplinary teams on major development projects, you will be responsible for developing mechanical designs for a range of products and processes in the healthcare, consumer, and industrial sectors. Your challenge is to solve some of the most intractable of problems. In return your ingenuity will be rewarded with the satisfaction of seeing your ground-breaking new creations launched in the market, making a real difference.
- 1st or 2:1 degree in Mechanical Engineering from a leading university
- Strong technical abilities in many of the following areas: Concept generation; Mechanism design; Materials selection; Analysis of static, dynamic, fluid of thermodynamic systems; Design for high and low volume manufacturing; 3D CAD
- Evidence of project leadership and presentation skills
- At least 5 years experience in one of the following commercial environments: technical / design consultancy; technology start-up; new product development department
- Strong drive to rapidly absorb and develop further technical, project leadership, and sales skills
Keywords: mechanical engineer, mechanical engineering, consultant, design, engineering, 3D CAD, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.