Leading high-tech company seeks a Principal Engineer in Digital Physical Design to direct and coordinate key activities of the IC implementation flow.
As a key authority of the Digital Physical Design team, you will represent the team internally and externally, offer guidance and support to all team members, as well as with external engineers and be an active contributor and authority on major chip implementation activities. You will be writing, structuring and managing scripts (eg: TCL, Perl and Makefiles) in a Linux environment for shared use.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Be a technical and/or managerial authority and provide leadership for at least one of the key areas of the chip implementation activities (synthesis, place and route, static timing analysis, power analysis, production test, directory infrastructure, management of tools and jobs, etc.);
- Ensure an effective and productive chip implementation flow is in place and appropriate for the process technology node and tools available;
- Provide peer review and consultation where necessary;
- Assist in the recruitment of engineers when appropriate;
- Keep abreast of current and future implementation tools and techniques, particularly in the area of expertise and manage the integration in to current and future implementation flows where appropriate, and communicate to relevant parties;
- Define and implement strategies to optimise the power, timing and area of ICs;
- Verify and sign-off of ICs for tapeout;
- Contribute to the infrastructure and automation of the digital implementation flow;
- Interface with EDA tool suppliers and other infrastructure providers both internally and externally to ensure an effective and productive implementation flow is in place for use by all group members;
- Ensure effective communications are conducted within and outside the group to ensure all relevant parties are kept abreast of issues and techniques.
The successful candidate will have a strong degree (or equivalent qualification/ experience) in maths / science / software / electronics / engineering; with an in depth understanding of the digital implementation of ICs and appreciation of the issues involved with a proven track record of technical ability; ability to innovate and implement technical solutions; ability to make technical decisions and communicate ideas and policies effectively and proactively in key areas of expertise. Further, the candidate will have good understanding of design methods, approaches and technical solutions; and operate with minimal supervision in a complex environment.Leading high-tech company seeks a Principal Engineer in Digital Physical Design to direct and coordinate key activities of the IC implementation flow.
As a key authority of the Digital Physical Design team, you will represent the team internally and externally, offer guidance&