Senior DSP Software Engineer – Algorithms, Audio, Embedded, Assembly, C / C++, Scripting / Perl / Python, MATLAB, Analogue, Digital, Communications. Cambridge, up to c£55,000 + Benefits.
A Senior Engineer is sought to join a dedicated DSP team to develop software implementations of algorithmic solutions for audio applications. Software will be written predominately in assembly language in constrained environments for memory constrained processes. Key responsibilities will include: Ownership and delivery of projects (including requirement capture); Mentoring junior team members; Development of MATLAB / Assembly / Embedded C code; Provide technical support internally and externally; and Peer software review.
- Solid academic background (1st/2nd Class Degree in Maths, Science, Software or Electronics) with relevant commercial experience.
- Proven proficiency in programming including fixed-point assembly and C / C++, as well as scripting (Perl / Python).
- Experience in DSP code porting, DSP processor architectures and peripherals.
- Implementation of audio algorithms using MATLAB.
- Understanding of DSP platforms, hardware design principles and knowledge of analogue and digital data structures, communication protocols and drivers.
- Any experience with: multichannel audio processing (non-linear dynamics, speaker virtualisation, or compression); or audio codecs (MP3, AAC, WMA, SBC, AC-3 or DTS) is highly beneficial.
Based in bright airy offices in Cambridge, this is an excellent opportunity to work with cutting edge technology for consumer electronic products, and in return be rewarded with an excellent remuneration package. Senior DSP Software Engineer – Algorithms, Audio, Embedded, Assembly, C / C++, Scripting / Perl / Python, MATLAB, Analogue, Digital, Communications. Cambridge, up to c£55,000 + Benefits.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 – see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.