Full Stack Web Developer (22321)
Are you a strong developer familiar with the entire stack and know how to make life easier for other developers around you? You will possess a range of front-end and server side skills enabling you to produce well-engineered, responsive, easy-to-use applications.
As a Full Stack Web Developer you need to be able to demonstrate familiarity in each layer, if not mastery in many and a genuine interest in all software technology. This will be backed up by an excellent grades and top engineering degree from a well-known and respected university. During your career so far you will have gained experience in most of the following:
- Implementation of application-level APIs
- Experience of web technologies and RESTful API development
- A thorough understanding of cross-browser compatibility and developing for mobile devices
- Excellent knowledge of server-side development using Python and SQL database technologies
- Ability to relay the solution to a complex problem to your colleagues
- A good understanding of the sometimes complex network relationships and authentication
- Desire to keep abreast of the latest standards, e.g. W3C, WAI and Web 2.0/3.0 developments
You will join a team of friendly, dedicated developers working in a popular Cambridge location providing a modern and welcoming work environment. This provides an excellent opportunity to join an established company with a start-up mentality to get things up and running quickly. Whilst applying your full cycle software engineering skills, e.g. OO design, design patterns, unit testing, automated builds in the life science and healthcare sectors. Like many companies this client is changing their business model to provide an internet based service.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.