Experimental DNA Biochemist (22690)
An up-and-coming scientific start-up company is expanding their science team, and are looking for a bright, PhD / Postdoc level scientist to join them. The company consists of a multi-disciplinary group of biochemists, physicists, engineers and mathematicians, and is expanding rapidly as they are at the tipping point to commercialise their platform tools.
The science team works on experimental processes that are used to optimise and develop methodologies. To join them, you’ll have:
- Excellent academic background including a PhD in biochemistry or molecular biology.
- Proven independent project experience including experimental design, implementation and analysis. Must be able to demonstrate robust hands-on practical skills including reproducibility and a range of experimental methods.
- Extensive and specific lab experience in skills in quantitative PCR including RT-PCR, qPCR. Any experience with quantification of cellular-fractionated nucleotides would be highly desirable.
- A strong conscientious, detail-oriented approach to experimentation.
- Excellent communication skills.
Any relevant commercial experience in DNA assay development would be desirable.
You’ll join a progressive company as they embark on their new technical advances. In return, you can expect an excellent salary and a range of benefits / perks. You’ll work with like-minded people and face new challenges that engage and stretch you intellectually.
PhD / Postdoc, Pharma, Bioassays, Optimised Assays, DNA, Enzymes, Multidisciplinary, Protocol Development, Nucleic Acids, RT-PCR, qPCR
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 – see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.