Are you a talented design engineer who wants to be able to develop some of the most novel and complex medical devices, whilst propelling your career with your enthusiasm and ability?
Our client is home to some of the most talented engineers, designers and scientists in the medical technology space. They are currently seeking a Senior Design Engineer.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Identification of product requirements and compilation into specifications
- Creation and definition of technical solutions for product or system developments
- Working with multidisciplinary teams to create novel and innovative solutions
- Guiding and leading other engineers to support your technical solutions
- Generation of concepts and layouts of robust systems, based on engineering principles and realised in CAD
- Detailed design of components and products in CAD
- Tolerance analysis of system designs
- Application of appropriate test approaches to reduce risks in a design
- Production of detailed drawings and manufacturing specifications
- Transfer of designs to manufacture through liaison with external suppliers
- Writing technical reports and producing high quality design documentation
- Presentation of findings and information to clients where needed
- An excellent degree in mechanical engineering, design engineering or product design engineering
- Solid understanding of engineering principles
- A thorough understanding of DfM / DfA techniques
- Proven experience in the detailed design and development of products
- CAD software experience, ideally SolidWorks or ProEngineer / Creo
- Experience of application of risk management (FMEA for example) to designs
- Creative approach when problem solving
- Effective and impressive presentation and communication skills
- Competence in technical documentation
- Experience of planning, monitoring, controlling and delegation of work
An excellent opportunity with a company committed to employee development and where promotion is linked to merit.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.