Principal RF Engineer (22836)
As a Principal RF Engineer you will take a leading design role in the development of new ground-breaking wireless systems from initial client meetings through systems specification, detailed component level design and eventual hand-over to mass production. The role involves both driving and contributing to the specification of wireless systems, the design of RF hardware and the validation of those designs in the laboratory and, ultimately, ensuring their success in the field.
- Take a leading role in preparing “top-down” specifications for wireless systems, taking the wider view of the product and application requirements and converting them into real solutions
- Take a “hands-on” role in the detailed RF systems design, component selection, circuit level design and laboratory based design validation of products
- Where appropriate, create novel design solutions
- Where appropriate, take a leading role in the regulatory approval and/or field based design validation of Products
With relevant experience working as a radio designer for a company in the telecommunications field or another relevant area, you will also have:
- A good first degree in electronic engineering or a related discipline
- Extensive experience of RF system design and RF circuit design
- Current experience of RF techniques and RF laboratory test equipment
- Extensive experience of hardware development and hardware design validation
- Good knowledge of the product development process through to manufacture
- A proven record of getting designs right first time
- Good oral and written communication skills
- The ability to interact effectively at all levels in client organisations
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.