Mechanical Design Engineer (22907)
Summary: Very strong mechanical design skills needed, precision mechanisms, Cambridge, to £competitive + benefits.
This key role is within a growing group of this high technology solutions company. The group has in-depth experience of working to the demanding regulatory requirements of the life science sector, allowing its unique product innovation capabilities to be available to global pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device companies. The team has played a key role in the successful development and commercialisation of class leading products in a myriad of fields including drug delivery, surgical and diagnostics. With a global reputation for excellence, they have advanced healthcare significantly and have had a meaningful impact on people’s lives.
You will take ownership of the mechanical design of new medical devices, drawing on your insight into mass-produced mechanisms, design skills, creativity, initiative and drive. Their work includes development of medical devices focussing on inhalation, injection, high acuity and surgical.
- You will invent, design and develop novel enabling mechanisms for new medical devices, from concept to detailed engineering designs.
- This is an opportunity to make a significant, direction-setting impact, working collaboratively in a small, high-powered project team, developing devices from concept through to production. Ultimately, your contribution will be to design the whole device. Your ideas will visibly improve the product, the treatment effectiveness and the business results.
- You will make important contributions to multiple and varied client projects, taking ownership and responsibility for client requirements by participating in client meetings, responding to complex technical challenges by inventing and detailing the most appropriate solutions.
- You will use your knowledge of materials, high-volume component manufacturing processes and complex assembly processes to develop cost-effective and robust components and assemblies, with an emphasis on injection moulded parts.
- You will create virtual models, oversee the manufacture of prototypes and pre-production parts, liaise internally to work on usability and safety testing, and design and make test rigs.
- Your work will display quality, honesty and integrity at all levels, in particular to address the standards of design rigour that are required to develop successful devices.
- You will relish the opportunity to focus your career development on becoming a world-class mechanical designer
Degree educated you must have very strong mechanical creativity, insight and attention to detail applied to the creation of reliable mass-produced mechanisms. This will be demonstrated by a track record over a period of years of setting the direction and following through with high-quality detail design in advanced mechanical product development projects. You will be an experienced and highly-effective user of Solidworks or Creo; have a strong ability to communicate the value of your work confidently and clearly to team members and clients; have professional experience that demonstrates strong self motivation, initiative and a drive to succeed; and a desire to improve the quality of your work and to develop new skills, focussed on outstanding mechanical design.
This is an excellent role to utilise your experience in a challenging technology environment.
Keywords: Mechanical design, Cambridge, Solidworks, Creo, mechanisms, medical devices.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.