Senior Physicist (23033)
As a Senior Physicist with this leading consultancy, you will provide technical leadership in multi-disciplinary team settings: working on a range of client assignments and internal technology investments, typically involving the design and development of solutions for complex physical sensing problems.
As a senior physicist you will be expected to provide innovation and technical leadership during the complete project life cycle. Projects often commence with a loose brief from a client; from this you will be expected to extract and understand the underlying requirement, and to architect a technical solution. During the delivery of the project you will take responsibility for the technical solution, working closely with the project team, as well as interfacing at a senior level within the client organisation.
- An excellent first degree or PhD in Physics or a closely related Engineering discipline from a leading university
- Experience of product development in a fast moving organisation
- Proven technical leadership experience in a commercial environment
- A deep understanding and extensive practical experience in the application of at least one branch of physics (for example optics, electromagnetism, fluid dynamics or condensed matter physics)
- A broad understanding of a wide range of physics principles, and an ability to identify their applicability to a variety of technical challenges
- Some familiarity with design considerations arising from associated engineering disciplines (for example electronics, software or mechanical engineering)
- Excellent practical problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
In addition, any experience of the following will be beneficial:
- Analogue electronics design
- Experimental/laboratory skills, including hardware/software for actuation control
- Optical component and system design, including experience with fibre optic systems
- Experience of using Python, MATLAB or other programming languages
- Experience with any simulation/design/CAD tools (for example SolidWorks, Zemax or ANSYS)
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.