Senior Mechanical Engineer (23190)
Outstanding opportunity for a creative senior mechanical engineer to develop world-first robotics solutions: top qualifications required.
Are you a mechanical engineer with commercial experience in product development seeking a job that really inspires you? Our client is developing complex robotic solutions for precision control systems; the space, time and reliability constraints mean that there are many challenging problems to address. In return, the result of your efforts will make a genuine contribution to society.
This role is new; you will join an existing team of mechanical, software and electronics engineers; all are genuinely enthusiastic engineers with practical skills. You will be a confident contributor, coming up with innovative and creative ideas as well as having a disciplined approach to timescales and budget constraints.
The requirements are:
- a top degree in mechanical engineering (or similar) from a world class university
- commercial experience in an R&D role dealing with high-precision electro-mechanical systems
- experience optimising high reliability designs and DfM
- experience using analytical methods in tolerance analysis and failure prediction e.g. FEA, MATLAB, CFD
- practical knowledge of transferring designs to production
Keywords: robotics, electro-mechanical systems, analysis, DfM, CAD, SolidWorks, FEA, complex systems, manufacture, Cambridge
Contact us now for full details of this exciting and worthwhile opportunity, working alongside an enthused and dedicated development team in a great working environment.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.