This company is a successful and renowned developer of devices, tools and equipment which have been pivotal in shaping and leading the future of modern healthcare and medicine. Their innovations have been used both in labs, with improved diagnostic and detection tools or novel tele-medicine products, as well as by home users who have benefitted in the improvements in treatment and management of a wide range of conditions.
With continued growth, they are looking for an experienced Product Physicist to join their established multidisciplinary team. They’re looking for experienced practical and “hands-on” physicists. An academic life of computational research and niche research isn’t going to be of interest to them. You’ll need to demonstrate credible experience in investigating and bringing to life complex products with a real-world application, and won’t be afraid to get your hands dirty with lab work, whilst looking at the fundamental theory behind the product.
The ideal candidate will have:
- a top academic background, with a 1st/2.1 and (perhaps) a PhD from a distinguished university;
- experience (ideally commercial) investigating practical phenomena for application to products;
- knowledge of prototyping and experimentation to rigorously test concepts and ideas;
- confidence in defining project outlines, timescales and scope and co-ordinating these in a team;
- a self-starting curiosity and interest in new technologies, likely with some hobby projects or a varied portfolio to boot.
Candidates should also have the existing right to work in the UK without time limit, sponsorship or conditions.
On offer to the right candidate is a stimulating and exciting work environment in a modern R&D space. There is an attractive remuneration package commensurate with experience, and plenty of benefits and perks to keep you focussed. Apply now if you think this could be the job for you!
Keywords: product, devices, R&D, experimental, physics, Cambridge, healthcare
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.