Human Factors Consultant - Medical Devices (23320)
Our client is a rapidly expanding technical consultancy. They develop innovative and creative solutions to customers in the consumer and healthcare sector. An important part of our client’s success is their outstanding added value; this incorporates usability insights within an engineering design team. As part of this expansion, they are seeking a Human Factors Consultant, with particular experience in the healthcare sector, to join them in providing these insights.
The requirements are:-
- Good degree from a highly world-ranked university in Human Factors (or similar)
- Previous experience in working with a product design team to generate usability insights, specifically on medical devices, or other highly regulated industry
- Good knowledge of compiling medical devices usability engineering documentation for regulatory submission
- Evidence of designing human factors programmes, preferably in the area of medical devices or consumer products
- Understanding of safety critical aspects of product interaction
- Excellent communicator, comfortable working with external clients - able to build relationships and influence people
There are superb opportunities for career development for a collaborative team player with a genuine desire to develop skills both technically and professionally. This client will provide the chance to work on interesting and challenging projects. The work is cutting-edge and fast-paced with the ultimate reward of seeing your designs in the marketplace.
You must be able to work in the UK without sponsorship.
Some international travel will be required for this role.
Keywords: usability, user experience, medical devices, technical consultancy, human factors, psychology, product design, safety critical, regulatory, ISO14971, IEC 62366-1, 62366-2, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.