Firmware Engineer - VHDL and C/C++ (23389)
This is a superb role for an ambitious Senior Firmware Engineer to contribute to both embedded software and FPGA developments.
Would you relish the opportunity to join a small, successful and fast-growing product company which has spun out of a more established and well-respected company in the Cambridgeshire area? The technical challenges include:
- Data handling at speeds higher than those required for streaming high definition video
- Using up to date serial communications like Ethernet, USB, and PCIe
- Creating high-speed signal and image processing algorithms
This role will suit a bright engineer with an excellent technical degree from a world-leading university and a significant level of commercial experience including:
- Strong knowledge of VHDL / Verilog / SystemVerilog / Quartus / Qsys / NIOS
- Solid experience in C and C++ embedded systems
- Significant experience debugging and validating embedded solutions
- Good understanding of a variety of version control and bug-reporting systems
- Awareness of latest FPGA technologies including SoC and high speed digital communications features
- Familiarity with designing Control Systems, Signal Processing algorithms and Datapath Control
In addition to a competitive salary, the role offers an attractive benefits package. Excellent prospects await the right candidate in a permanent role, with potential to progress to design-architect level roles.
Keywords: Senior VHDL / FPGA Engineer, Firmware, Altera, C, C++, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, Herts.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.