Graduate Embedded Software Engineer (23418)
Our client is looking for a talented graduate software engineer to join their growing medical software group. You will be given the opportunity to do real world engineering from day one while at the same time develop your skill through training and mentorship.
To meet the requirements of this role you will have:
- A good degree (2:1 or first class) in a relevant subject, such as Electronics Engineering or Computer Science from a top university
- Good knowledge of C or C++
- A working knowledge of microcontrollers or embedded microprocessors
- Good oral and written communication and presentation skills
- In addition, any experience of the following would be advantageous:
- An understanding of electronics and interfacing microcontroller with various sensors and actuators
- Experience in programming under either Windows, Linux, Android or iOS
- Knowledge of another programming language or a scripting language
- A background in control theory, digital signal processing or computer vision
- Relevant work experience or participation to the Year in the Industry programme
- A background in system modelling using UML or SysML or OO design techniques
As a graduate, you'll start your career doing the work that interests you most. Where you go from there is up to you. They give you the freedom to follow your interests and steer your own career in the direction you want, providing you with all of the support, mentoring and training you need.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.