Hardware Prototype Engineer (23435)
Based in purpose built workshops for the development of leading edge devices and sensors, our client is looking for a bright personable Hardware Prototype Engineer to work within a small development team to build and test prototypes of precision products. Due to rapid turnover of projects, the team needs to produce a high quality of work with minimal supervision to meet deadlines.
- Significant hands-on experience in assembling complex precision electro-mechanical products
- Solid understanding of mechanical and electrical engineering fundamentals
- Strong fault-finding and problem solving skills
- Significant experience in a development environment and good communication skills
- Some machine workshop experience e.g. basic milling and lathe operation
- Basic electronics experience including fine soldering and creating looms
- Experience with one of the widely-used CAD systems (SolidWorks or CREO preferred)
This is an excellent opportunity to join this leading development company and work on the production of complex products. The successful candidate would be rewarded with an excellent remuneration package.
Keywords: Development Engineer, Test Engineer, Electronics Prototypes, Mechanical Assembly, Devices and Sensors; Electro-Mechanical, Hardware Test, South Cambridgeshire
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.