Senior Software Developer (23487)
Our client are leaders in their field and continue to develop new products to keep them there. They are currently seeking highly experienced Software Engineers, with or without team lead experience.
As a developer on the team you will possess the skills and confidence to undertake the challenges of working in a fast paced environment, frequently be taken out of your comfort zone and relish getting your hands dirty working with and building their exciting products.
They are looking for engineers with extensive experience in embedded Linux, system-on-a-chip (SoC) development and integration, streaming audio and video technologies, and integration of third-party code. A proven track record of shipping high quality software on embedded platforms is essential. This is a great role for a senior professional who enjoys a high-level of visibility or for someone looking to take that next step up in their career.
- 5+ years of relevant software development experience.
- In-depth understanding of Linux, tools, libraries and open source development.
- Extensive systems programming experience with C/C++.
- Ability to work in both user and kernel space.
- Intimate knowledge of media playback engines and streaming protocols.
- Proven track record of success with embedded system development projects.
- Ability to accurately estimate software tasks and work to schedule.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience.
For the right candidate the rewards are outstanding.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.