Have you worked on the development of several software systems which have grown to the point they need a dedicated continuous integration and test system?This company now requires a Software Design Engineer in Test to develop their own dedicated internal system for their products.
As a Software Design Engineer in Test you will have a good technical degree in Computer Science or equivalent and significant commercial experience in the following:
- Sufficient knowledge to be confident in creating continuous integration systems
- Previous development experience designing a test framework
- Substantial skill in writing automated tests scripts in Python
- A good understanding of both Windows and Linux systems
- MS Visual Studio toolchains: C++ / C#
- GCC toolchains (for Embedded Linux)
- Jenkins continuous integration
- Source control e.g. GitLab/Git, Subversion
This provides an excellent opportunity to working as part of a small team of experienced C++ and C# developers, interacting with other teams with electronics and mechanics. The technical challenges are similar to those found in video streaming products, printing technology or similar high speed data industries.
Keywords: Automation test framework, Jenkins, Continuous Integration, Build systems, Microsoft Windows, Linux systems, Python, C++, C#, GCC toolchains, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.