Software Test Lead (23596)
Are you able to bring strategy and leadership to an existing test team?
This start-up already has a small stable Windows software product. They cannot risk a drop in quality as the company rapidly grows over the next few years. Hence they are seeking a test architect to join the team and keep what is their most important attribute to their product which is outstanding quality.
You will play the lead role in developing the software test system for this company; hence must have a solid test background and the ability to provide some leadership to a test team. You will also need to have the strength of character to convey your strategies to the existing software team effectively.
The requirements are:
- At least a good degree in a technical subject from a world class university
- An in depth knowledge of Windows OS especially interactions between applications and the OS
- Proficiency and in depth understanding of virtualization
- Automated script experience in Python, Perl or Ruby
- Significant understanding and experience of browser testing (selenium)
- Strong experience in administration and configuration of Windows machines
- Ability to identify performance improvements
- Some commercial software development experience using modern methods
- A bonus would be some project management experience
- Strong interpersonal, team and communication skills
This is an excellent opportunity to build up an existing small software test team as a confident contributor, coming up with innovative and creative ideas as well as having the chance to test software to total destruction!
Keywords: QA test lead, Windows tester, Browser testing, Python, Perl and/or Ruby, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.