Full Stack Software Developer (23643)
This pioneering company are a small, specialist and highly successful consultancy specialising in product innovation for a top tier global client base. They are looking for a full stack software engineer to work on a unique and innovative software platform.
Their software draws on the techniques used in handling big data, the semantic web, and on AI and machine learning techniques, especially at the intersection of search, prediction and recognition. The core is established, but there is plenty of interesting work to do both in terms of elevating scalability and in developing new concepts and features.
You will have:
- A good degree in computing or a related subject from a top university
- Expertise with the realities of one or more of: big data, the semantic web, machine learning technologies
- Experience developing highly scalable software
- Solid commercial development experience in a range of programming languages; whether C#, Java, Scala, Python, Go, F#, Rust, C++, … the more the better
- Experience with web development (since the UI side is HTML5/CSS/JS)
- An interest in working closely with experts in fields other than software
- The ability to fully carry a new project through from concept through design, implementation, testing, documentation and delivery
The company has Cambridge and Switzerland offices; there will likely be opportunities to travel if desired, and it may be necessary to start with an (expenses paid) trip to Europe! After which time, positions are available in Cambridge or Switzerland.
You will need full existing permission to work in either the UK or Switzerland, without time limit, restriction or sponsorship, and excellent written and spoken English.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.