Software Applications Engineer (23645)
Have you started your career down the embedded software route but would prefer a role with more people interaction? Alternatively you may already be a Software Applications Engineer either way this position allows you the opportunity to get involved with sensor and MEMS technology.
As the Software Applications Engineer you will be assisting client companies to architect software solutions to incorporate leading edge sensor technology into their products. In preforming this function you will work with internal design and characterization teams to help develop new products and enhance existing products. The role involves supporting the development of algorithms required for environmental sensors use cases. It is expected you will travel to customer's sites from time to time.
In summary this role requires:
- A technical degree from a known leading university
- Exposure to a variety of microcontroller architectures
- Previous development experience in embedded C and C++
- Experience of stand-alone and low power MCU Systems in high volume consumer products
- Communication interface and interrupt handling expertise
A bonus would be:
- An understanding of semiconductor / MEMS technology
- Some exposure to low level analogue electronics
- Knowledge of Android and other operating systems
This position is within a mixed discipline development team with experts covering the electronics side and algorithm implementation. There are possibilities to explore new areas of software development and platforms. Overall an excellent opportunity to contribute to the development of leading edge designs for novel new products. Many of these products will be launched on the high street so the role has the pleasure of seeing your work in everyday products.
Keywords: B2B support, embedded C, higher level C++, IDE, sensors, low power MCU, Linux, Android, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.