This is a technical product management role for a software product manager who can span both the development (technical) and business domains.
Based in Cambridge, you will play a key role within the product team, working concurrently with Agile development teams, whilst also playing the role of Product Owner per Agile (Scrum) development processes. Market research is important at concept stage, as are client/commercial partnerships, and continuous product improvement including usability, but you will need the grass roots technical experience to work closely with development teams.
You will have:
- A good degree in a technical subject from a top university
- Commercial experience as a software product manager, ideally as part of a product team
- Current enough technical ability to talk with developers in their own terms
- Small team leadership capability, but the desire to be “hands-on” with dev teams and clients as a primary focus
- An interest in helping teams in process improvement (suggesting, not directing)
- Enthusiasm for your work and the ability to encourage and suggest as much as evangelise
Experience with Linux software, distributed software, and an understanding of the technical underpinnings of technologies such as Google AdWords would be highly beneficial.
This role is full time and permanent, based in the city of Cambridge with good access to local facilities.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.