Experienced DevOps Engineer - Big Data, AI (23693)
Located in central Cambridge, this engineering team is part of a multinational company who work on large scale technology platforms. They seek an experienced DevOps Engineer to join them who will work closely with their Cambridge team, whilst also maintain links to their US office. The infrastructure is complex with large amounts of enhancements and monitoring, so strong automation development experience is expected.
- Extensive systems administration experience with scalable infrastructure (Linux / networking / file systems).
- Experience in automation development, writing scripts and applications in a wide range of technologies.
- Experience with Big Data tools such as Hadoop, Apache Hbase and file systems.
- Experience with build automation (Jenkins, Maven, TeamCity).
- Exposure with continuous delivery and tools such as Puppet / Chef, Git.
- Any experience with ZooKeeper, Kafka, Oozie or Flume would be desirable.
This is a fantastic position to work with world class technology developed for a global platform. The successful person will be a central go-to-person within the Cambridge team.
In return, an excellent remuneration package is on offer.
Occasional remote working is possible, but predominately will be based in their Cambridge offices.
Automation / Scripting, Build Systems, SysAdmin, Linux, Scalable Infrastructure, Tier 1
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 – see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.