Are you an experienced Software Developer with overlapping DevOps skills? Are you looking for a truly challenging role where you’ll develop new skills and work on collaborative projects that ultimately are used by millions of people?
Our client is such a company, and their Cambridge office is where the magic happens – blending modern software development practices with bleeding-edge research in machine learning and artificial intelligence, as well as applying these to cloud technologies. The team are looking for a peer – someone who develops high quality software, learns new technologies quickly and can provide a methodical, robust approach to innovative problem solving.
What they are looking for?
- You’ll be bright – probably having a top degree in computer science but more importantly your past experience will evidence a wealth of relevant experience working on interesting software projects.
- You’ll be a polyglot – able to pick up new languages, have good commercial experience developing OO code, and comfortable to go through problems on a whiteboard.
- You’ll have a deep understanding of building continuous integration tools.
- You’ll have worked in an Agile environment, understand how to deliver within sprints as well as the ability to step back and appreciate the bigger picture.
- You can work on your own but also contribute to a group – providing constructive criticism as well as learning from others.
We’re not so interested in exactly what languages or tools you’ve used, but we are interested in how you think about software problems and develop object oriented code. Plus points would be an interest in AI, machine learning, big data applications.
On offer is an excellent remuneration package including share options, as well as an collaborative company culture that supports careers, provides an excellent work-life balance (flexible working and possibilities of occasional home-working), and broader community responsibilities through their charity fundraising programme.
OOD, Agile, C++ / Java / C# / Python, Cloud Technologies, Machine Learning / AI / Big Data, Docker / Jenkins / JIRA / Git / Ansible
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 – see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.