This innovative medical device company seeks a high calibre Product Design Engineer to support the design and development of robust mechanical products. You will use your initiative and creativity in design to work as part of a team of innovative mechanical engineers and physicists.
- Demonstrable commercial experience, preferably the development of small plastic components in complex mechanisms
- At least a 2.1 (Hons) degree in product design engineering, industrial design (or similar) from a highly ranked university
- Experience of engineering analysis including FMEA and DFMA
- Knowledge of a 3D CAD system, preferably SolidWorks
- Creation of design concepts and the visualisation of ideas through hand sketching and computer generated images
- Hands-on building of prototypes and test rigs and the subsequent mechanical testing and technical report writing
In addition, the successful Product Design Engineer will have a creative approach to prototyping and problem solving as well as a genuine passion for product design and engineering in general.
This is an excellent opportunity to join this dynamic company at the forefront of technology and work with a motivated team on next-generation products. There is a competitive salary and commensurate benefits on offer to the right candidate.
Keywords: Product Design, Plastics, 3D CAD, SolidWorks, FMEA, DFMA, Medical Devices, Cambridge.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.