Our client comprises a focused team of technical experts currently at an exciting stage of the company’s development. They have an innovative new design of precision product which has applications in a variety of areas, making a contribution towards people’s health and comfort. The client also has ambitious plans to expand into other areas and work alongside new customers to develop disruptive new products.
Manufacturing takes place at the client’s offices, conveniently located south of Cambridge. As the first product reaches higher volume manufacturing and new products are being introduced, the client requires a hands-on Mechanical Engineer who will take responsibility for the quality management of the products. This will be a job for a calm and assured problem-solver, who will be able to solve production issues, smooth manufacturing processes and work with the development team to improve the product.
The requirements are:-
- 1st or 2.1 degree from a well-ranked university in mechanical, manufacturing or production engineering, or similar discipline
- Commercial hands-on experience of high technology production processes
- Understanding of manufacturing operations for precision devices in reasonable volumes (ideally medical devices)
- Good knowledge of quality management systems and the ability to adhere to excellent standards
- A strong team-working ethic with the ability to communicate well with your colleagues and customers
This is a superb opportunity to join this exciting venture at an early stage; you will work in a small and innovative team and be rewarded with an excellent salary and benefits package.
Keywords: Cambridge, manufacturing processes, quality management, precision development.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.