This is a fantastic position for a Mathematical Developer to implement real-world models into everyday systems. We all know traffic flow is a major issue; this is your chance improve the daily commute for thousands of drivers on British roads.
You will play the lead role in developing the algorithms for this company, hence must have a solid mathematical background and the ability to code your algorithms in C#. You will also need to have the ability to convey your designs to the existing small software team effectively.
The requirements are:
- At least a 2.1 degree in a technical subject from a world class university
- A passion and aptitude in mathematical modelling of real-world data
- Proficiency and in depth understanding of C# with a focus on desktop applications
- Significant understanding and experience of .NET
- Consideration will be given to C++ or Java instead of C# experience
- Identify and implement performance improvements in application code
- Some commercial software development experience using modern methods
- Aptitude for small amount of travel and working direct with customers
This is an excellent opportunity to build up an existing small software team as a confident contributor, coming up with innovative and creative ideas as well as having the chance to develop mathematical models for traffic flow. This is an established company providing a full range of staff benefits.
Keywords: Algorithm development, C# .NET 4.5, WinForms using C#, LINQ within C#, C++, Java, SCRUM, Mercurial SCM, Lincoln, Newark, Sheffield
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.