Sited in the historic city of Cambridge, home to world-leading academics and innovative engineering companies, our client provides mathematical applied modelling tools for a range of engineering disciplines. Their expertise is showcased by their technical team which support, guide and train their customers in use of their technologies.
The Cambridge team is looking for their next Applications Engineer who will have broad engineering / maths skills with specific experience in acoustics – especially sound-generating / -receiving transducers; thermoacoustics; aeroacoustics; or piezoelectronic transducers.
- Strong applied mathematical or engineering background – MSc / PhD level academics.
- Good broad understanding of acoustics including the application from first principles. This should cover vibration, sound, ultrasound and infrasound.
- Experience with maths modelling tools.
- Good commercial awareness and understanding the key aspects of being a customer-facing applications engineer (prior relevant commercial experience is beneficial).
- Ability to travel on occasion – mostly within the UK.
Any experience evidencing teaching, customer support or technical training would be desirable. Preference of for UK based candidates. No sponsorship is available.
The company prides itself on the career support they provide as well as an excellent remunerations package and modern work environment.
MSc / PhD / Postdoc, Sound / Vibrations, Acoustics, Maths Modelling, MultiPhysics / MATLAB, Applications
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 – see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.