Software Developer - backend technologies (23820)
Born in Cambridge UK, and now a multinational company with dedicated offices in the US, Asia and Europe, our client has developed and applied adaptive machine learning algorithms to make sense from large data sets. Their technology is encapsulated within a platform (handling millions of requests per second) that enables their clients to optimise their own business strategies.
The Cambridge team is looking for a (junior) software developer to join their team and contribute to new projects applied for web technologies (back-end). Interested candidates should show the aptitude to pick up new ideas and processes and the willingness to learn and be part of a proactive team.
- Degree qualified in computer science or a software related subject.
- Experience developing professional code (placement projects, internships or through work) for web applied technology based systems.
- Solid background using Python and / or C++ on Linux. Exposure to PHP would be desirable.
- Understanding of REST APIs, MySQL and the mechanics behind large scale data analytics.
- Experience working in an Agile environment would be beneficial.
Note the role is not suitable for graduates without any relevant work experience. However, graduates who can evidence their relevant experience are invited to apply. We are also interested in developers who are looking for their next role and are interested in this position.
In return, you can expect to work in a supportive team, develop your skills on interesting projects and be remunerated with an excellent package.
C++ / Python, Linux Systems, Large Scale Data Analytics, Agile, MySQL, REST APIs, Web Technologies
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 – see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.