Senior Scientist (23825)
Our client is seeking an experienced computational physicist to join their simulations team in building prediction and analysis models. The hydrocode models derived by this simulations group are used by a parallel experimental team to drive their work on fusion power generation.
To contribute successfully to this existing highly-qualified team, you will have a strong foundational understanding of numerical physics approaches alongside the ability to use this understanding to tackle unseen challenges.
- PhD level physics, maths or engineering together with a good first degree from a top-ranked university
- Excellent knowledge of physics with the ability to derive new strategies from first principles
- Good experience in computational modelling e.g. solving hydrodynamic equations, PDEs
- Enthusiasm and desire to work in a dynamic real-world team environment
- Excellent communication skills with evidence of taking the initiative
- Experience of architectural design and implementation of models in C++ and / or Python
This young and dynamic company is well-funded and offers a friendly working environment close to Oxford. In return, you will receive a very competitive salary with excellent benefits, including share options, flexible working and free lunches. In this role, you will work with a talented team of physicists and engineers on cutting-edge development.
Keywords: Computational physics, MHD, HEDP, simulation, numerical modelling, PDE, CFD, PhD, Oxford.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.