Junior Embedded Software Engineer (23877)
Our client is looking to expand their software team and are seeking Junior Embedded Software Engineers (recent graduates up to 3 years’ experience) to help solve some of the hardest engineering problems in sensing, data collection and communications.
As well as an excellent degree from a leading university you will:
- have experience of designing and developing software in C and one or more of C++, C# and Java
- have knowledge of Linux systems, with experience of Embedded Linux software development (preferably on ARM platforms)
- be able to quickly learn new languages and skills
- have a strong understanding of computer hardware and comfortable developing software for a variety of platforms
- have excellent oral and written communication skills
- be self-motivated with a focus on problem solving, attention to detail and delivering results
The following would also be an advantage:
- Real time development in C
- Linux driver development
- Knowledge of communications protocols
- Open source software contributions
- Experience with optimising code: finding bottlenecks and fixing them
Due to the nature of the work, candidates must be willing to undergo, and eligible to achieve, HMG security clearance up to at least SC level.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.