A top London financial R&D house are seeking an automation engineer (from a development, or automated QA) background to join them. This role is to join a select team of experts working specifically on their continuous delivery pipeline. Hence the role spans development and operations, and is a “big deal” for all of the development teams, as this work underpins the success and agility of the entire company.
You will have:
- An active interest (and experience) in automation and continuous delivery
- Several years’ commercial experience specifically addressing one or more of: highly scalable continuous integration pipelines, build systems, and/or heavily automated QA (writing code)
- Software development skills in multiple modern programming languages, ideally including C# as your primary language
- Deep familiarity with tools such as (or comparable to): Git / Mercurial, Jira, Bamboo / Jenkins (and/or MSBuild, TeamCity, Octopus, CMake, …)
- A strong technical degree from a good university, backed by good A-level grades
Candidates from an automated QA background are welcome to apply, but will also need to evidence coding skills, and ideally formal software development experience.
Your opinions, ideas and ability to innovate and iterate with a like-minded team will be highly valued. Based in a great central London location convenient for mainline stations, the company can offer an excellent work environment and a generous salary and package.
Salaries are based on merit, so if you feel underpaid in your current role, but you have the qualifications, skills and attitude to bring to this role, don’t fret that you will be “short changed”.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.