This is a fantastic position for a Software Architect to take the concepts direct from the CTO of this start up and translate them into a detailed and working system. Currently the CTO is working directly with the software team, he wishes to focus on other activities and allow the Software Architect to take over the detailed definition of the system.
You will play the lead role in developing the software architecture for this company; hence must have a very broad software background and the ability to pick up on new technologies very quickly. You will also need to have the strength of character to convey your designs to the existing software team effectively.
The requirements are:
- At least a 2.1 degree in a technical subject from a world class university
- A passion in and aptitude of open source development
- Proficiency and in depth understanding of scalable systems
- Significant understanding and experience of distributed systems
- Identify and implement the key features of a new design
- Ability to document an architecture in a concise yet accurate manner
- Aptitude to convey your designs within a flat management structure
- Strong interpersonal, team and communication skills
This is an excellent opportunity to work with experts covering machine learning, networking, security and peer to peer implementations. The software team is reaching double figures and is planned to continue to expand over the coming months. There are possibilities to explore new areas of software development and platforms. Overall, a superb chance to develop leading edge design in a new industry relating to cryptoeconomics.
Keywords: Architect, Principal Software Engineer, networked systems, scalable, distributed, cryptoeconomics, bitcoin, blockchain, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.