This company is looking for an experienced synthetic biologist to join their world-class R&D team based in Cambridge. The technologies developed here have been game changers in medical therapeutics, biological processing and the diagnostics sectors. With their team now expanding to keep up with demand, there is an opportunity for a synthetic biologist to join them.
Candidates will need to demonstrate:
- A PhD and strong first degree in molecular biology (or similar) from a world-leading university;
- Experience with cell culture, including transformationof cell lines, scale-up, fermentation and separation / purification;
- Analytical techniques, including (fluorescence) microscopy, NGS, GC-MS and HPLC;
- Familiarity with modern genetic manipulation techniques, including gene construct design and analysis;
- Knowledge of laboratory automation tools, including software control systems (LabVIEW and similar).
On offer is an excellent salary and remuneration package, together with working in state-of-the-art facilities alongside likeminded and similarly talented people. Based in Cambridge, the role has excellent links by road, rail and public transport, in a modern office environment including free on-site canteen, flexible working and additional perks and benefits.
Think you’ve got what it takes to qualify for this excellent opportunity? If so, submit your CV to ECM now! Whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Keywords: cell biology, synthesis, DNA, cloning, sequencing, molecular, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.