Entry level - Materials Consultant (Education) (23958)
Have you completed your Masters or PhD in Materials, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace or similar? Are you looking for a role that would utilise your technical understanding away from the lab? Do you enjoy presenting and demonstrating – sharing your knowledge and enthusiasm?
We’re looking for a client-facing Engineer / Physical Scientist with a broad understanding of materials and where they can be applied (within healthcare, manufacturing or sustainability), to join this leading company based in Cambridge.
- A degree in material science, mechanical engineering, aerospace, physics or similar (must have a significant element of materials). Preference for Masters or PhD holders.
- A demonstrable interest in materials – through coursework, internships or other projects.
- Strong communications skills (English). Additional other language competence (especially French, German, Italian, or Spanish) would be desirable.
- Exposure to teaching or demonstrating (ideally undergrad level) would be advantageous.
- Must be flexible to travel (up to 10% of time).
- Ideally can evidence experience of commercial acumen and understanding. Must have an interest in business and building industry-focused relationships.
The role is mostly office based, but is interspersed with travel to attend conferences and meet clients. It will best suit someone who enjoys speaking with people and evangelising about materials and associated technology. In return, an excellent remuneration package is on offer.
Masters / PhD, Material Science / Engineering, Client-Facing, Teaching, Communication Skills, Travel, Business Oriented, Graduate, 2018
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 – see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.