Our client is the UK office for a multinational company that work with both industrial and academic customers to enable them to develop simulation models based on a variety of parameters. They are currently looking for an Application Engineer to join their technical team and provide key expertise in computational chemistry modelling. Key responsibilities for the role will include participations in demonstrations, workshops as well as modelling support.
- A strong academic background (1st / 2.1 in chemical physics, chemical engineering or similar) including a PhD.
- Experience with modelling tools such as MATLAB, MultiPhysics or similar; and familiarity with Navier-Stokes and Brinkman equations and Darcy’s Law.
- Experience in teaching or demonstrating would be highly desirable.
- Knowledge about CFD, heat transfer modelling, fuel cell, electrodeposition or similar would be useful.
- Flexibility to travel (up to 20%).
This role it well suited to a recent PhD or junior postdoc. An exceptional Masters level graduate with relevant experience will also be considered.
Preference is for UK based applicants. No company sponsorship is available.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join this progressive team, work on a variety of projects and be rewarded with an excellent remuneration package within a supportive environment.
PhD / Postdoc, Chemical Physics / Electrochemistry / Chemical Engineering, Customer-Facing, Maths Modelling
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 – see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.