Technical Support Manager (24023)
This growing support team has expanded to the point a Technical Support Manager is required to assist with implementing new approaches and processes as they increase their product range.
They are a financially profitable company yet still have the feel of a startup as they mature. They design and develop both software and hardware solutions for their chosen industry (please do get in touch to find out more about their products). The Technical Support Manager will need to be able to technically understand both the hardware and software aspects of these designs. You will be working closely with the development team.
This company employs the brightest engineers, so you will probably have a 1st or 2.1 in a technical degree to be able to keep up with the team. Your commercial experience will provide you with evidence you are capable of the following attributes:
- Ensure the various channels of communication with customers are all in sync
- A track record of motivating a support team
- Performance manage the team through training, support and SMART objectives
- Maintain a company knowledge base to assist the support team
- Strong commercial awareness and skill at upselling extra services, e.g. training
- Strength of character to take ownership of all customer incidents
- Experience in monitoring customer communications and knowing when to step in and escalate
- Measure support performance and implement continuous improvement plans
- Isolates problem trends and instigate permanent solutions are found
This is a superb opportunity to build on your established career in product support with a successful high-tech company, offering full career progression and encouragement to grow the business area within the company.
Keywords: Customer facing, Windows Applications Support, Software, Electronics, Networking, Cambridge.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.