With continued growth, this internationally recognised company offer a range of superb career development opportunities for very bright Software Developers. It is great opportunity to work in a relaxed, but professional and supportive team based environment, on leading-edge networking applications.
This is an innovative, successful and fast-growing company in Cambridge - offering a fun place to work within a real "techie" environment, as part of a very motivated and supportive team.
They now seek an additional Senior Windows Tools Software Developer to join the team. This is an analytical position which requires an inquisitive mind, resourcefulness, attention to detail, and a strong ability to problem solve. The main focus of this role will be to develop tools and host code for Windows OS to support Windows Kernel Ethernet Device Drivers.
The role calls for engineers with a very strong academic background in a numerical subject (e.g. maths, physics, computer science) or of similar calibre. Very bright graduates or recent PhDs with relevant hands-on C / C++ / Networking / Windows or Linux kernel skills will also be considered.
Ideally, your skills will include many of the following:
- Knowledge of embedded systems ideally with extensive exposure to system software and device drivers
- Knowledge of networking (Ethernet & TCP/IP)
- Broad experience in C / C++ (use of Visual Studio), application and library code development using Windows (XP to Windows 10, particularly in server SKUs), Windows Internals/APIs
- In-depth knowledge of Windows OS and Windows programming (user)
- Programming / scripting experience on Windows and Linux OS (PowerShell scripts / DOS scripts / shell scripts for Unix)
In addition to a very competitive salary, depending on experience, the excellent benefits package includes share options, private health / dentistry, critical illness cover and employer contribution to pension.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.