With continued growth, this internationally recognised company offer a range of superb career development opportunities for very bright Software Developers. It is great opportunity to work in a relaxed, but professional and supportive team based environment, on leading-edge networking applications. It’s an innovative, successful and fast-growing company offering a fun place to work within a real "techie" environment, as part of a very motivated team of engineers.
The role calls for engineers with a very strong academic background in a numerical subject (e.g. maths, physics, computer science) or of similar calibre. Very bright graduates or recent PhDs with relevant hands-on C / C++ / Networking / Windows or Linux kernel skills will also be considered. The main focus of this role is to develop tools and host code for Linux to support Kernel Ethernet Device Drivers.
Ideally, your skills will include many of the following:
- Knowledge of embedded systems ideally with extensive exposure to system software and device drivers
- Knowledge of networking (Ethernet & TCP/IP)
- Proven experience developing in C / C++ (use of Linux OS development tool chains and editors)
- Knowledge of Linux Internals /APIs and Linux OS programming
- Experience of In-Circuit Emulator (ICE) debugging
- Knowledge of vSwitch and NFV architecture - working with virtualization environments and SR-IOV firmware /driver implementation and architecture
- Understanding of popular virtualization technologies e.g. Xen, Hyper-V, KVM
- Experience with implementing and deploying virtual switch infrastructure including Open vSwitch.
- Experience of using and implementing management plug-ins for virtual switch infrastructure including OpenStack.
- Knowledge of container technologies e.g. Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with Windows OS (especially virtualization technologies) and VMware OS (and associate virtualization technologies)
In addition to a very competitive salary, depending on experience, the excellent benefits package includes share options, private health / dentistry, critical illness cover and employer contribution to pension.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.