Junior / Experienced Software Project Manager (24153)
In this key role you will be part of a team of experts, project managing the deployment of innovative scientific software to “big name” companies. If you’ve the interest and some relevant commercial experience plus good qualifications, this could be the job for you.
These deployments are intricate and require diligent stewardship from smart people. This is advanced scientific software integrating with equally advanced engineering software, using clients’ existing IT infrastructure. Discussions with key people at clients are key. Deployments are often “phased” and everything must be approached with care and attention to detail.
Your CV will show your:
- Good degree in computing science or mechanical engineering from a top university
- Scientific mindset – which you may have gained as a scientist
- Either commercial experience of project management in the software industry, or a relevant PhD with clear evidence of collaboration with companies on commercial (not academic) projects
- Experience planning the deployment of enterprise scale software to other companies/organisations
- Understanding of the sort of infrastructure a major application needs, from networks to servers to databases – and how that might clash with existing systems
- Preferably, experience with CAD, CAM, PLM or related software
You’d be joining a reputable, established software company with a great culture. As well as a supportive environment they can offer a generous salary, depending on the experience you can bring, plus bonus potential and a comprehensive benefits package including an exceptional pension.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.