This new role is to assume leadership and develop the process engineering capability of our client’s novel designs working across high-tech and consumer application areas. The R&D team is creating innovative solutions to bring a game-changing development to the VR and AR markets, as well as honing their existing specialist optics technologies.
There are a number of new projects with extensive prototyping underway. The Engineering Manager will lead the development of the manufacturing process technology, working closely with the design teams as well as external clients to develop the next generation products.
- Good degree in an engineering or science subject from a well-ranked university
- Hands-on experience of working in a high-tech multidisciplinary environment
- Ability to display a broad knowledge of manufacturing processes, specifically concerning the production of high tolerance precision devices
- Experience in managing a small team of engineers
- Background in managing high precision prototype development, such as medical devices, electro-mechanical devices or optical systems
- Experience in managing external suppliers of process equipment, production tooling
- Excellent communication skills including presentations to customers and colleagues
This is an excellent opportunity for a forward-thinking Engineering Manager to join this exciting company with genuine plans for considerable revenue increase over the coming year. The company is at the forefront of their sector and are already engaged with successful worldwide clients. The dedicated management team have a positive and enthusiastic approach to R&D, leading to the success of their new and existing products.
Some international travel may be required.
Keywords: Prototype, manufacturing processes, plastics, fluids, optics, thin-film, ultrasonic welding, client-facing, Oxford.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.