Software Delivery Operations Manager (24238)
A skilled manager is required by this scientific software company to supervise the implementation of substantial software rollout projects to a portfolio of leading clients in industry. Reporting to the Director of Services, you will directly manage principal-level project leads who in turn manage several senior and junior staff.
This is a highly dynamic role in which you will be responsible for up to 50 concurrent projects to be delivered by your teams. Clients are senior staff at engineering companies, and are demanding, so you will have to apply your agile mind, diplomacy and quick thinking to satisfy all clients’ requirements with limited resource. Projects may be small enhancements on a short timescale or long term large-scale phased rollouts across multiple international sites.
Your 1-3 page CV will show your:
- Good degree in a scientific or engineering subject from a reputable university
- Extensive commercial experience managing software roll out / deployment / delivery: relevant fields include data management, scientific software, CAD and PLM
- Experience managing senior, capable staff both local and remote
- Experience with agile and waterfall processes (V-model is also acceptable)
- Experience liaising with senior clients’ staff as well as internal sales, pre sales and software development teams
You will work closely with the Director of Services, who is looking for a trusted and quick-thinking manager to take on this position of significant responsibility. Significant revenues are produced by this small but highly effective group.
In return for your efforts, a competitive salary and excellent benefits are available. There is some flexibility in working hours, and a good degree of autonomy, available to experienced candidates. You’ll join a diverse, multicultural, friendly team in the heart of Cambridge.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.