Are you a mechanical design engineer who has gained sufficient experience to now represent this product company in a Design Consultant role?
You will have used CAD packages (ideally SolidWorks) for mechanical design projects since graduating with a 1st or 2.1 in a technical degree from a world leading university. Your commercial experience will provide you with evidence you are capable of the following attributes:
- A track record of concept and implementation of inventive design solutions
- Understanding of how to integrate the manufacturing process into your design
- A robust understanding of tolerance stack analysis
- The ability to contribute to CAD best practices but certainly follow
- Use of a skeleton model within SolidWorks
- Understanding of complex CAD model set-ups
- A broad appreciation of modelling principles
- Contribute to design of production fixtures to guarantee required tolerances
This is a superb opportunity to build on your established career as a mechanical engineer but to start to include some client facing activities while you create mechanically adjustable optics for them.
Keywords: Mechanical design, Product design, tolerance management, SolidWorks, Customer facing, Oxford
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.