Our client is looking for a high calibre scientific software developer with excellent programming skills in C++ to join their select software team working on fluid flow modelling. The role will involve developing numerical schemes, building code in C++ and subsequently assisting end-users in the commercial environment.
A critical part of this role will be to research, develop and optimise high performance parallel implementations of algorithms using large computing clusters.
This role requires extensive numerate understanding with evidence of strong programming skills; it is open to fresh PhDs through to more senior experienced developers.
- PhD level maths, physics or engineering with a first degree from a top world-ranked university (equivalent experience would be considered)
- Demonstrable and excellent programming skills in C++ or other similar high-level language
- The ability to work alongside other software developers in a coherent team
The following attributes would also be of interest:
- Experience with parallel architectures e.g. MPI, multi-threading
- Fluid flow modelling
- Knowledge of the complete software development life-cycle
You could be part of this development team, based in purpose-built offices in Oxford; they have secure financial backing from a large multi-national parent organisation.
Keywords: Software, C++, PhD, post-doc, maths, physics, algorithms, HPC, parallel, modelling, multi-threading, Oxford
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.