Senior / Principal C# Software Engineer (24329)
This leading international advisory and solutions company seeks an experienced, creative C# .NET engineer, with an appetite for maths, statistics and algorithms, to be involved with the full development lifecycle of their market leading products.
With an Agile mentality, experience of SOLID principles and object-orientated design and implementation, you will make valued contributions to a highly-skilled team of C# developers and test engineers, including working closely with the Product Owner, leading some activities and mentoring junior members of the team.
Essential skills for this role:
- A degree in Computer Science or similar subject, having gained a 2.1 or above, as well as excellent A-Level grades
- Extensive experience working with C# .NET
- Experience creating and refining commercial products that require capture and analysis estimation, as well as having been involved from the first detailed software design, through to installation and deployment of products
- Experience working with software best practices including: Agile and Extreme Programming methodologies, SOLID principles and object-orientated design and implementation
- Familiar with the full product lifecycle of commercial products
- Used to working with software development tools such as: IDE’s, version control, test automation, continuous integration, defect and backlog management systems
The following skills would also be highly desirable:
- The ability to design scalable and easily testable software architectures
- GUI design / implementation and test experience and knowledge of frameworks such as WPF, WinForms and MS Test
- SQL Server or other database systems
- Azure and Cloud Technologies
This long established, global company has offices based in Surrey (close to the M25), is walking distance from the station and is commutable from Victoria Station (London) and Brighton.
Keywords: C#, .NET, full software lifecycle, object-orientated design and implementation
You will need full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.