Mechanical / Mechatronics Engineer (24440)
This company produces state-of-the-art optical equipment and tools that are in high demand around the world, and are already having a disruptive impact in the world of virtual and augmented reality products. They are now seeking an experienced Mechanical / Mechatronics Engineer to join their team, based in modern, high-tech offices just outside Oxford.
Successful candidates will contribute to the iteration of ongoing product lines, as well as undertake design and modelling projects of new commercial ideas and technologies. To be considered, your CV will need to demonstrate:
- A good degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Electronics or similar subject from a well-ranked university.
- Commercial experience designing complex mechanisms with electronic actuation and control.
- Design and development of control system software and hardware in precision electro-mechanical systems.
- Good knowledge of CAD, preferably using SolidWorks, following best practices.
- Strong communication and presentation skills demonstrated by successful commercial projects and interactions in client-facing roles.
In addition, further knowledge of the design of optical components and/or precision plastic components would be an advantage.
On offer for the right candidate is an excellent salary and benefits package, together with opportunity to work in state-of-the-art facilities in a growing and commercially successful company. A small degree of international travel may be required.
Keywords: Innovative product design, control systems, electronics, electro-mechanical systems, complex mechanisms, prototype, CAD, optical components, customer liaison, Oxford.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.