FPGA Engineer (24441)
This is an outstanding opportunity for an FPGA Engineer to make a major impact on this start-up's success.
They are utilising the raw high frequency signal from a MEMS device to model physical, electrical and gravitational information. Your commercial experience will be of great benefit to this outstanding academic team at the University of Cambridge. The company has started field trials but there is still significant design work to complete.
As an FPGA Engineer with an excellent technical degree from a world-leading university, you will also be able to offer commercial experience in the following areas:
- Familiarity with VHDL and/or Verilog
- Exposure to SoC / FPGA designs working alongside an embedded team
- Strong optimisation skills for FPGA systems and modules
- Understanding of mixed-signal and FPGA based digital PLLs
- Design experience of low-noise electronics design, assembly, packaging and test
- PCB prototyping and debugging (preferably Altium)
In addition any of the following would be beneficial:
- Understanding of high-temperature environments on electronics design
- Any experience working with MEMS devices
- Code development for interfacing embedded systems
This is an excellent opening to work in a small company where the original founders are still involved at the technical level. They were utilising Cambridge University facilities and have just moved to their own office. They are well funded from several sources including a major player in the oil industry and share options are being offered.
Keywords: FPGA, VHDL, Verilog, mixed-signal, PLL, Signal processing, DSP, MEMS, 10 MHz, hardware interfacing, frequency analysis, high temperature electronics, start-up, gyroscopes, accelerometers, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.