Technical Support Engineer (24478)
This innovative company has been one of the success stories of the Cambridge tech scene, going from start-up to a market-leader in only a few years. Their products combine powerful data mining, visualisation, text analysis, AI and NLP technologies to revolutionise healthcare and medical research, improving the quality of life of countless people. They are seeking an experienced Technical Support Engineer to join their established team, based in modern, comfortable offices near the heart of Cambridge.
Successful candidate CVs must be able to demonstrate:
- a strong technical background, with good (2.1 Hons) qualifications in a numerate subject from a reputable university;
- proven commercial experience with Technical Support, working down to 3rd line queries and troubleshooting;
- proficiency working with both Windows and Linux environment, including good use of the command line and configuration management (ideally with Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.);
- knowledge of coding / scripting skills in a modern language – ideally Python or Java;
- experience with security and authentication systems / protocols, including directory permissions, SSL, PKI.
On offer for the successful candidate is a competitive salary package with a host of benefits. As a Technical Support Engineer you’ll enjoy a variety of work, liaising with customers and users around the world in solving difficult and unexpected problems. You’ll also have the opportunity to contribute to future product releases and specification based on your technical feedback. Good communication skills, an eye for detail and a technical intuition will be a key to this role.
If this sounds like the next challenge you’ve been waiting for, please don’t hesitate to send your CV to ECM Selection now! Please note: candidates should have permission to work in the UK (without limitation or the need for sponsorship) already in place. Some on-call duties might be required as part of this role.
Whilst we can only progress applications from closely matching candidates, we do read every application and try to respond to everyone. And if this isn’t the right role for you, but you know someone who could be ideal, why not recommend a friend for the opportunity to gain £250. More details at: http://www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Keywords: technical support, security, 3rd line, Python, scripting, SysAdmin, Windows, Linux
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.